I tried this recipe recently and really enjoyed it:
Soft flour tortillas
2 cups black beans (I used 1 can which was equal to 1 3/4 cups)
1/2 cup minced red onion (I used yellow onion)
2 Tbsp. cilantro
1/2 tsp. ground cumin
1 tsp. paprika
4 to 6 oz pepper jack cheese (I shredded an 8oz block to use, there was a bit left)
2-3 tbsp. vegetable or olive oil
1. Combine black beans, onion, cilantro, cumin and paprika in bowl.
2. Heat oil in frying pan
3. Place tortilla in hot oil.
4. Place some of the bean mixture, some salsa and some cheese into the tortilla. Don’t fill it too full or it won’t close for the next step without stuff spilling out.
5. Using a spatula, carefully fold the other half of the tortilla over to form a shell. Press down lightly on the tortilla so it holds its shape. If a little spills out, don’t worry.
6. Cook each taco until they are nicely browned and crispy, about 3 minutes per side. When flipping the taco to cook on the other side, use a spatula and flip the taco toward the fold so the filling doesn’t fall out. If your pan is very dry between batches, add another drizzle of oil.