This is based on things I keep on hand per my basic pantry list. I have a few simple desserts I keep going back to….
Fresh Fruit Salad
This will probably require purchase of various fruits. I suggest Aldi or Woodman’s for this and probably easier/cheaper to make in the summer if you’re from Wisconsin like me. This is good in that it is healthier than some of the other desserts.
You can really add any chopped fruit you want but suggested fruits are:
16 oz. tub cool whip
6 oz. package of any flavor jello (I have used 1 of the smaller boxes, turned out fine)
2 cans fruit of choice, drained of juice (reserve juice for drinking or other use if desired)
1. stir dry jello into cool whip.
2. Add drained fruit and marshmallows, stir.
3. Chill for several hours or overnight before serving.
Will need to purchase crescent rolls. Should not have to purchase much else if you keep items from my basic pantry list on hand.
* 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
* 1 cup white sugar
* 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
* 2 (8 ounce) cans crescent roll dough (Suggestion this is easier with the seamless dough)
* 1/2 cup melted butter
* 1/2 cup white sugar
* 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1. Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Beat the cream cheese with 1 1/2 cups of sugar, and the vanilla extract in a bowl until smooth. Unroll the cans of crescent roll dough, and use a rolling pin to shape the each piece into 9×13 inch rectangles. Press one piece into the bottom of a 9×13 inch baking dish. Evenly spread the cream cheese mixture into the baking dish, then cover with the remaining piece of crescent dough.
3. Drizzle the melted butter evenly over the top of the cheesecake. Stir the remaining 1/2 cup of sugar together with the cinnamon in a small bowl, and sprinkle over the cheesecake
4. Bake in the preheated oven until the crescent dough has puffed and turned golden brown, about 45 minutes. Cool completely in the pan before cutting into 12 squares.
No Bake Cheesecake
1 graham cracker pie crust
8 oz. cream cheese
8 oz. cool whip
Fresh fruit or pie filling
1. Combine cool whip and cream cheese.
2. Place cool whip/cream cheese mixture on pie crust
3. Top with fresh fruit or pie filling
4. Chill for about 2 hours before serving to set.
1 package dry pudding mix of your choice
Milk called for on box
Prepare pudding according to package.
I cheat on these. prepare boxed brownie mix. Top with frosting from can if desired.