I am going to start posting cheap recipe ideas. Many of them I consider cheap because one or more ingredient is a common item passed out at Waukesha or Sussex area food pantries and possibly other area food pantries. First one is cream cheese bean dip. I had this at a party that someone else made so not sure on quantities of ingredients. Play around with them.:
1-2 blocks Cream Cheese, 8 oz. (purchase on sale for $1 each)
Vegetarian baked beans (food pantry item; no idea on cost at store)
small can of green chilies (not sure on price but they are cheap and I’ve found a few times at food pantries)
Crackers or tortilla chips
1. Let cream cheese soften or use an electric mixer to soften.
2. Place cream cheese into pie plate or other pan.
3. Place green chilies over cream cheese mixture.
4. Top with vegetarian beans.
5. Serve with crackers or tortilla chips.